26 February 2015

40 Acts: Day 5, 6 & 7

Day 5 was a bit of a random one where you could read up about Fairtrade or buy something that is a Fairtrade product. It was the end of the month so buying something was not really an option but I Googled it and learnt quite a lot about Fairtrade and I really like what they are doing. It's important that farm works and people working in production should get decent wages, working areas and living conditions. I also discovered that I already buy quite a few  products that are Fairtrade products - so I never felt to bad about not buying something.
 
Day 6 was harder than I thought. It was to write a gratitude letter. I thought it would be easy to choose someone but I had so many people to choose from that was pretty hard and then to sit down and put words to paper... I think after three attempts I finally got the words out correctly. I've decided to write a few letters during lent to some people who I am super grateful to have in my life and then post it to them. I'm pretty excited by this challenge - even though it's hard, but I love writing letters to people and posting them adds another level of fun because they don't know they're going to get it until it arrives in the post and post is always exciting to receive.
 
 
 
Day 7 is another hard challenge. I have to give something away that I like to someone. I have lots of things that I like but sharing isn't something I like to do or giving away my stuff. I sat and thought about what I can give away and I've decided to give away my rainbow scarf that I had actually bought for a friend. I never gave it to them because I liked it too much and kept it. Today is the day I give it to her. 
 
 
These challenges are really stretching me in giving and sharing Gods love and living how Jesus would live. Sometimes there's no time - well I want to do something else, or I'm tired or I don't like the idea of the challenge. Even though it's challenging it is helping me to live with more gratitude and wanting to bless people more with what I have in my hand no matter how small it is.
 
xKx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment