17 February 2015

God closed the door

Yesterday we heard that we were not going to Mavuhsa full time like we were planning on.

You can read more about the beginning of the adventure here: http://alittlebitofcrazi.blogspot.com/2015/01/we-went-on-little-bit-of-adventure.html

The past month has been a whorl wind f\of emotions as David and I have tried to figure out if this was where God wanted us. We prayed about it and we really did feel like God has said yes, but then after meeting with Git and Miggie and discussing this with them I walked away confused about the whole thing. I decided then that the door was closed and that we were not going to go, even though we thought we had a yes and that Git and Miggie and the rest of the Jam board were going to pray about it and were then going to get back to us after 15 February.

Over the past month I've had quite a lot of time to think about going to Mavuhsa full time and to ask God about it and here from Him all over again. During this time of working through all the emotions and expectations God slowly started to close the door until one day randomly I was like, "I don't want to go anymore" It was really random, nothing set it off I just had a clear feeling that I didn't want to go. I also had complete peace about not going. It was super random - but I think this was God working in my heart before we received the email from Git yesterday.

The email confirmed what I had been feeling - God had closed the door firmly for us when it came to Mavuhsa. Git explained that they want to send an ex-JAM staff member up to Mavuhsa because they know the vision of JAM and the key stakeholders, as well as the history there instead of a new couple who has never worked with JAM before. I totally understand their point of view and even though the door has been closed firmly on this opportunity, we certainly learnt a lot.

...And the really exciting thing about this is that David and I get to go on another adventure with God as he shows us the next place we can go to.

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment