11 December 2015

Our First 10km Run

A couple of weeks ago I had a mini melt down because I felt like all the goals I had set myself for this year were becoming unreachable. It then all spiralled out of hand when I started thinking that I was never ever going to achieve anything because it felt like the world was against me when it came to achieving my goals. One evening I sat down and I was like, "No, I am going to do a 10km run no matter what." I then switched on my laptop and Googled 10km runs and chose the first one I found and decided I would do it. When I told David he made a schedule of how far I would need to run each time I ran for the next two weeks and he came along on my training runs. A week before the run he told me he would do it with me.

On Wednesday this week we did the race. We were far from ready - we only ever ran 6km. We aimed to do all 10km before the actual day, but that kind of never happened. Ho hum.. 


We did the run in 1 hour 13 minutes, which was quicker than I thought, I  was estimating 1 hour 20 minutes. The last 3km were a bit tough, especially the last 1km but we pushed through and finished. I thought I would struggle more with the distance especially since I never knew how long 10km was but it was easier to maintain pace and to keep going than I thought. It was also a lot of fun! I was so stoked! I'm also super glad I did it.


 
I also remembered how much I LOVE running during this run.

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment