6 December 2015

A21



 It's day six of Dressember, and I have been "dressing" it up. It's pretty great putting on a dress every morning knowing that this month when I get dressed it's more than just a dress I am wearing. Some people in my office have already asked why I've been wearing dresses every day. This creates the awesome opportunity to share with people why I'm doing this and to tell them about Human trafficking and what I am discovering about it this month.





I first heard of A21 a few years ago when I went to watch a movie about how a couple, (I think) tried to help a little girl who had been kidnapped/stolen by someone who had then sold them to a guy who would then sell them to men to be used by them. I don't think I had really heard of human trafficking until then come to think about it.

Since watching that movie I have discovered A21 an organisation that fights against human trafficking, which was founded by Christine Caine. Christine Caine is a phenomenal women who lives for Jesus, as well

A21 works with law enforcement to rescue women, children and men who are stuck in human trafficking, as well as help prosecute traffickers. Once they have rescued them they put them in safe houses and help rehabilitate them, unit them with their families and help them to be new, whole people again. They also create awareness of human trafficking in numerous ways through walks against trafficking, (some of the members of our church participated this year in one).  I've been handed a flyer at the station once telling me about the things they do. They also ask people to partner with them by volunteering with them or just spreading the word so people hear about human trafficking.



xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment