12 December 2015

Human Traffiking In South Africa - Candice's Story



It's day 12 of Dressember, and I have been "dressing" it up. It's pretty great putting on a dress every morning knowing that this month when I get dressed it's more than just a dress I am wearing. It's also a great way to remind myself that everyone has a right to freedom no matter their age, sexuality, sex, culture, religion or socio-economic status.





I stumbled on Candice's story now when I searching for organisations in South Africa that to combat human trafficking.  Here it is below...


After watching this I realised that to be sold to someone it doesn't necessarily mean that you have to be sold to someone in another country. You can be sold to someone in the same country or even the same city that you live in. Imagine being "kidnapped/stolen" and then sold to someone in your own city. You would be so close to your family and friends but unable to reach them or contact them because you're most likely trapped in a place with no access to communication tools to contact them or even a means to escape. I kind of imagine being trapped in a house where you are watched all the time.

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment