10 March 2014

We peddaled and pedalled and peddalled...

Yesterday Dave, Gazz, Jono, Grant, Matt and I cycled the Cape Argus Cycle race. It's a 109km cycle around practically the WHOLE of Cape Town.  The race was pretty tough, the wind was super strong, I am in intense pain today, but it was an epic experience all round.


Gazz, James, Dave, me, Matt S at the start of the race




Dave and I on the M3 - 89km to go
 
Grant and I just before Simons Town



Dave and I at the end... 109km and 6 hours 9minutes later
 

Dave was SO awesome during the ride. He was cycled with me the whole way, encouraged me, gave me a boost when I needed it and was just all round wonderful. I really don't think that I would have been able to finish the race without him cycling with me or the support we got along the way from friends. Seeing people you know along the route is AWESOME and gives you the boost you need when you feel like you're dying - especially on Suikerbossie where my bestie, Terri pushed me up the hill.

So the question looms ahead - will I do this again. It's strong maybe.. I'm not sure if I want to go through that again, but when the legs are no longer stiff and my bum is less tender I may change my mind.

xKx






No comments:

Post a Comment