23 March 2014

Feeling blessed

Today has been a day filled with God's blessings, there have been so many in one day that I'm left filled with gratitude, awe and wonder of God.

It all started this morning when I was driving to church. It was a wet and rainy morning, it was a wet and rainy morning so I was concentrating a little bit more than usual while driving to Hout Bay. While I was driving down Constantia Nek, all of a sudden my car started to drift and the next thing I knew I was spinning out of control. I started freaking out, but I somehow had the thought in my head that I need to stop my car. I braked, the car stalled and then I was like "I need to get out of the middle of the road" By some miracle there were no cars on the road and I never hit anything or when down the side of the mountain, or rolled my car. That was definitely Jesus protecting me, after an experience like that it makes it pretty hard for someone not to believe that there is a God out there protecting us.

I called Dave in a panic and he came to fetch me at the top of Constantia Nek, I was pretty hysterical and freaked out. He came with Gazz to rescue me from my panic and hysteria and drove me to church. We decided to leave my car parked there and we would fetch it later. I really, really appreciated that he came to help. I'm really blessed to be marrying someone so wonderful.

After church, we fetched my car and we took Arthur, Oscar and Emilio to my house to have out Teen Church end of term lunch. Not only were Jojo, Dave and I able to be a blessing in their lives, spending the afternoon with them over lunch and then at the part was pretty awesome. They blessed me with the conversation we had and just being able to spend time with them. When we were leaving, Oscar said to me that it was the best day ever. I was like "awwww." We were able to bless them, which is all I wanted to do but then God blessed me right back.

The evening was rounded off with SNL, our evening service. While I was talking to some people Dave came to me and said that someone has paid our camp fees for the camp in May. I was like, "pardon" and he was like "yes!" It's pretty epic and totally unexpected, but such a blessing.

I think my final blessing for today was being able to see my parents when I got home and to chitter chatter with them for a bit before going to bed.

Sometimes in the craziness of life we can be blind to our blessings and not see them. After a day like today I'll try and keep my eyes open and look for the blessings in each day.

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment