21 March 2014

He has made everything beautiful in its time

 
 "He has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11 






This is the verse that pops into my head when I think about David's and my story.  God took a relationship He started in 2010 which had turned into a huge mess in 2011 because we took our eyes off of Him and made a relationship that should have had God at the center one where that wasn't true and turned it into something beautiful.

I get a bit teary eyed and awestruck when I look back over the past three years and get a glimpse how God changed two peoples hearts. He took two broken people, fixed the brokenness and then restored what we had messed up in round one of use dating. And the best part is that in round 2 I get to marry a man who has God at the center of life, a man who loves Jesus like crazy and will do what God wants, a man who is courageous, brave and willing to stand up for what's right. This man is not only mind blowingly wonderful - but also my best friend!

I remember when we broke up in August 2011. I was so angry and threw my toys out of the cot when God was like, "give me a year". I remember sitting in my room going, "God, I want it back now" but God was like, "keep loving him and give me time" I was like "no", but after I had seen the light and stopped stamping my foot at God I kind of understood that God needed time to fix things, ideas, broken hearts and things from the past. He also needed time, which brings me to the verse at the top.. "in His time, he makes everything beautiful"

God took forever, well a year and half to sort out all the mess and restart an AWESOME relationship between Dave and I. He did it in His own timing and not ours - thank goodness. I think if He did it in my timing it wouldn't be as perfect and wonderful as it is now.



xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment