19 August 2013

Things that require commitment

This morning I was thinking about the numerous things in my life that requires commitment. I then got the giggles as I thought of all the silly things that I commit to and ended up laughing rather loudly as I walked up to work.

Here are a four things in m y life that require me to commit to before I do them...

1. A Bubble Bath



When I want to have a bubble bath, I really need to commit to it.  A bath is not something that takes 5 minutes, it's a loooong process of relaxing.  You need to commit to taking the time out of your day - at least an hour to just have a bath. It's also a waste of water to soak for less than that.




2. A Loyalty Card

I LOVE loyalty cards, but I have had to limit the amount of cards that I have. I currently only have a Kauai and Vida e CafĂ© one.  Choosing which loyalty card requires commitment because you're committing to getting coffee of smoothies from only one place.  My commitment to Vida is lacking and is moving towards Knead. Their late's are R5 cheaper then Vida and nicer. I also saw that they have a loyalty card... I shall have to think about this A LOT before I decide to commit to Knead.



3. Early Morning Hike

 An early morning hike requires a LARGE amount of commitment.  I love to snooze and I could easily snooze way past the early morning hike start time.  I need to be committed and dedicated to this for  it to happen in my life.  I need to be so committed that I have packed my snack and water bottle the night before and have everything ready at the door for me in the morning. If this is not in place, I haven't committed and the chance of it happening are pretty slim.





4. Running

I really enjoy running... once I start and get into it again. Starting the run is the hardest part.  For me to actually go for a run I need to commit to it at lunch time already.  Today I have committed to going for a run after work.  I have smsed my mom and told her, I have prepped myself mentally for the run and I'm pretty amped. I also haven't been for a run in a week, so I need to amp myself up and commit a lot more than usual. 




I'm pretty sure I can think of more.. baking cupcakes - you need to ice them and that takes forever so you need to commit to that, getting out of bed on an early morning in winter... oooohhh.. I think I could go on but I'll stop.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment