8 August 2013

. . . and then God took over

The topic at Gap last night was how God is always there for you on ALL situations, no matter what. Ivan, one of the elders came and shared a bit of his testimony with the kids, specifically about a time when things were tough and God was there.  After his testimony I followed with the talk and illustration before I ended the evening with prayer.  

During worship I had a feeling that I should end the evening with prayer instead of small groups and give the kids an opportunity to come forward for prayer, to ask Jesus into their lives or to ask the Holy Spirit to fill them.  When I had this thought I was like, "God this is crazy - they will never sit still for longer than two minutes, let alone be quiet for longer than second", but God was like "Just do it" and I was like, "okay..." 

So... at the end of the talk I gave them the chance to reflect on the talk and then put up their hand for prayer. While they were reflecting I quickly ran to my laptop and put on a song.... and God just took over. It was incredible. 

The kids actually sat and reflected and then slowly they put up their hands and come for prayer.  We prayed for about 6 of the 9 kids who were there. It was as though the holy spirit just fell on the hall last night and God worked in the kids hearts.  

At the end we had 5 minutes left and when I gave them the option of a game or worship they all chose worship.  I let them choose the songs and they all got really into it. 

God was super incredible last night. 

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment