24 April 2013

I LOVE MY KIDS

I lead youth on Wednesday nigh at church. I lead Gap, which is made up of the grade 6's to 7's, basically 12 – 14 year olds. I absolutely love my kids, there's a bout 10 of them who come regularly and they drive me batty some nights or leave me laughing hysterically other nights.

Tonight was one of the nights where I laughed like a loon most of the time.

Things Kids Say

I arrived at 6:35pm and handed my laptop to Huggi, (he leads with me), so that he could set up worship. A few of the kids gathered around him as he chose the songs. I walked past to go and fetch something as Arthur asked if Huggi would play “God is disabled” We looked at each other and I quickly ran out of the room laughing as Huggi said, “no we can't play that but we can play God is able, which is what the song is called”

Excitement Over A Game

I then went to fetch hula hoops for the game we were going to play later. Arthur then asks me if we are going to play a game. I said yes, the hula hoop one. He got so excited about it and then ran off. 10 minutes later he asked me again and when I said yes he got sooooo excited again. He asked me about 4 times if we were playing a game and go super excited all four times.

The Race

Emilie came to Huggi and told him that he could run faster than him. Huggi was like no after about 5 minutes if this Oscar joined in and they planned a race. Somehow I ended up involved and the next thing I knew I was standing on the balcony at church getting ready to race two boys. I lost by a long shot, I was half way when they were finished. They then raced Huggi and he won, much to our surprise.

Tonight was a random night of fun at Gap, which made me appreciate these kids so much more and love them even more.

xKx


No comments:

Post a Comment