17 March 2013

Ladies Tea


Yesterday we had a ladies tea at church. 

All ready and waiting for the ladies to arrive with their YUMMY treats.

When Terri announced in church that we were having another tea about a month ago, I told her that I would do the flowers for her again.  I asked my mom to phone Flowers For Africa and ask if they would donate some flowers.  They said they would either donate some or I would have to buy them for R5 a bunch.  On Saturday morning I went to fetch 15 bunches of flowers. They were all daisy type of flowers and looked half deead, but I thought that I would make do. I paid for them and as I was walking to my car, the guy carrying the box said we have more returns, wait here. He grabbed four bunches of flowers and went to the truch and returned with four bunches of roses. 
The GIANT box of flowers from Flowers For Africa
The roses from Flowers For Africa
 I decided to try and use my new LUMO pink food colouring as icing for my standard cupcake recipie. I put a rose on the top of the each cupcake and they looked STUNNING.  I suprised myself with how nice they looked. 
CUPCAKES

 At 3pm the tea kicked off and 30 ladies form church arrived.  We had an AWESOME afternoon of fellowship, laugheter and fun. 




After the tea, we had 10 bunched of flowers left over. Terri and I decided to go around the area and put the bunches of flowers at  peoples front doors. We drove around Constantia, Bergvleit and Plumstead and where we saw a house without walls or a gate we stopped the car, jumped out and put a bunch of flowers outside the door.  

I hope that they bring some joy to the people who find the flowers outside their houses later that day or early this morning. 


xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment