3 June 2015

Is Banting Affordable For The Average South African

I've decided to jump on the band wagon and start banting.

The main reason I've decided to try this is to see for myself to see if it does really give you more energy, makes you feel better and all that added "feel good" stuff, as well to see if it really is affordable for the average South African to do.

I was given Tim Noakes recipe book a while ago, but one day last week I decided to do some research on this whole thing. One thing I have discovered from all my research and chatting to someone it's not all about NO CARBS as everyone seems to scream at anyone who is in hearing range. It is all about no sugar - the new devil in the world and yes carbohydrates are mostly sugar but the whole point of banting is to LIMIT your carbohydrate intake. Tim Noaks explains it really well on the FAQ page on the Real Meal Revolution website http://realmealrevolution.com/faq

My understanding from this is that it's all about my carb intake, while cutting out simple sugar in my diet such as all the sweets, cake, chocolate in my diet. For now I'm sticking to the 50g of carbs a day and increase it later if I loose too much weight - which so far has been easy to stick to and I can still eat fruit and have the odd cup of hot chocolate, or even a piece of dark chocolate. I'm going to wait a few weeks before I attempt a piece of chocolate though - I would gobble the whole lot up if I tried today. The Real Meal Revolution website also has some really nice lists to help you know what to eat and how much to eat.http://realmealrevolution.com/real-food-lists

I think our mind set shouldn't be that sugar is from the devil - I think we need to think about eating real whole food and not processed ready to eat food that is packed with additives. I also think it's ok to eat a piece of cake at someone's birthday and wedding - it's all about how much you eat.

So for now I'm counting my carbs and watching my budget to see if this really is more expensive.

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment