28 May 2015

Commit your ways to the Lord

This morning during my quiet time I read about how fear often holds us back from doing what God is really calling us to. I'm working through The Confident Women Devotional by Joyce Meyers. The thing that stuck out to me the most was how we sometimes get involved in ministries because we think it's the right thing to do or it's expected of you to serve. Sometime we even carry on serving in a ministry because we don't want to be left out.

The last point really stuck out to me because I have a bad case of FOMO. When got married last year and decided to step out of ministry I had a serious case of FOMO. I thought I wouldn't be included in anything, no one would talk to me etc. I knew I had to step our of ministry and learn how to be a wife and focus on being married but I struggled with this. To be honest - I haven't missed out. People still talk to me, I still talk to the kids from Gap and Teen church and I'm still as much a part of my church community as I was.

When the time came to start serving again I immediately wanted to jump back into the "known" ministry of teen church but my wise husband told me to wait on God and see what he says. I did this and God opened the door to a totally new ministry - the tween girls in our church and it's so much fun. Yes - we are called to serve but I think it's important to see where God wants you to serve so he can use you for what he's created you for.

This verse kind of sums it up for me...

Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust in him and he will do this. (Psalm 37:4-5)

God knows what we want to do... and he knows what we're equipped to do. He gives us our desires after all. I think if we trust him with the process and trust him with the journey then he will open the right doors for the right ministry he wants us to serve in.

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment