5 May 2015

Be still..

I was looking at Exodus 14:14 now  and I kind of linked it to Psalm 46:10...
 

 
 


To be still before God in my world is to just sit with Him and to just absorb Him. It's to be around him and to feel his strength and power - kind of like a daughter sitting on her daddy's lap. To be still is to get to know Him better by listening to Him - kind of like two best friends having tea. To be still is rest in who God is, all His promises and all of His greatness. When I rest in God, I kind of get my focus back and my batteries get recharged. It also allows me to stop fighting what's going on round me, it allows me to take a step back and to just breathe deeply. While we do this it gives God a chance to fight for us. We get out of the way and God has a chance to step in and "zap" whatever is attacking us.
 
Life can get super overwhelming at times. Sometimes it even feels like we have the WHOLE world coming at us and nothing is going right. Sometimes it even feels like we're at the front of the battle all alone. God doesn't want us to feel like that because He's always with us - but he also wants to fight for us and let's face it - God is way more powerful than us and besides that He already has the victory over the battle. Jesus won that at Calvary.
 
On Sunday someone on camp quoted Ephesians 6:13 - "therefore put on the fill armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." and then said, God doesn't tell us to put on the armour and then rush into battle - he tells us to stand. The armour protects us from the attacks - but because God has the victory, he's already won the fight we can just stand in the truth knowing that God's got this. How cool is that?
 
I can only stand firm with all of my armour if I can trust God and to trust God I need to know Him. The only way to know God is for me to spend time with him and to rest in who He is. The more I do this  the easier it becomes to stand firm on who He is and His promises. When I'm able to stand firm I am able to let Him fight the battle for me - which is what He wants to do.
 
I hope this makes some sense in some way...
 
xKx 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment