23 July 2013

Fish on the fire

On Saturday evening Noo and I were drinking tea after a looooong shopping trip to Canal Walk. As I sipped my tea, I looked at him and I was like, "A biscuit would be nice." He jumped up like a gazelle, went to the cupboard and return with a packet marshmallow fish. 



While we were eating the fish, Dave's dad walked through the room as was like,  "Why don't you make a fire?" I looked at Noo, and said, "We can put the fish on the fire." His response get's a million points... "Yes, it's the caveman in me and the Katherine in you coming out"  

I was super excited at the thought of sticking marshmallow fish into the fire.  I've only ever braaied marshmallows on a braai fire or bonfire but never in a house fire... a fire in a fireplace inside the house.  It was also exciting because they were fish marshmallows and not the normal kind of marshmallows.  The possibility of a great discovery was set into motion.


So... Noo made a fire. While waited for the fire to be at the right temperature and to form coals for our fish, we didn't want BLACK BURNT fish, we watched Anna Karenina, a beautifully put together movie about a warped sense of love. It's pretty "arty", but a very good movie. 


Once the movie was finished and the coals were ready, we got the fish ready for the fire. This took all of 5 minutes, all we had to do was stick a fork through the fish. We then huddled by the fire to cook our marshmallow fishies.

After we had munched our fish, I came to the conclusion that real marshmallows - the pink and white ones are my preferred type of marshmallows for a fire.




I saw this quote now, "Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly." and I thought, "YES!"  Noo and I can be intense, deep and pretty passionate but we can also be silly, very silly and it's SUPER awesome!





No comments:

Post a Comment