25 August 2015

Starting the new vegetable crop

A while ago I ordered a bunch of seeds from a really cool website called Seeds for Africa for me to restart my vegetable garden now that spring is on the way. In Winter we get very little sun in our back garden so everything we currently had in the garden went a bit dormant and grew very  slowly... but now that spring has arrived, well just about arrived I've decided it's time for a revamp and planted some seeds.


I planted melon, egg plant, cauliflower, two types of tomatoes and cabbage seeds in prepared seeding trays and some egg boxes. This is to prevent worms and whatever else may decide to eat them or stop them from germinating. It also allows me to keep the soil damp so they do grow.

 
 
 
 
Once everything was watered I then realised that I needed signs for my vegetables so that I know what is what when it grow... the problem was I had kind of forgotten where what was planted.  The other problem was what to use as markers. Using paper tags was the first idea, but not really ideal with water washing the ink off. I then decided on cable ties - which I think was pretty clever.
 

These got stuck into the pots where I kind of think I planted the seeds that matched the labels... all shall be revealed when they start growing.

Eeeeeeek! I get super excited thinking about my seeds growing. I can't wait for them to grow!

xKx

 

1 comment: