12 October 2015

5km run

On Sunday the LARGE competitive part of my brain got a bit of satisfaction when the small stupid part won over logic and I did a 5km road race. 5km sounds like a small distance BUT for someone like me - who hasn't run 5km in maybe two years it was a bit of a challenge - BUT I LOVED IT! I also managed to talk David into doing it with me and I think deep down he also loved it.


We took part in the KFM gun run, which started in Moullie Point and ended at Green Point Stadium. It was a beautiful day for a run - no wind and not to hot and vibe at the water points was lots of fun - unlike at the start. The presenter at the start needed some help - but she gets 10 points for effort.

Besides rediscovering that I am quite competitive, I have also rediscovered my love for running and for working towards a goal. It kind of makes the aimless runs after work more exciting as I work towards something. I also want to do a 10km now - lots of training ahead of me. I just need to find a 10km in about 2 - 3 months time to do to motivate me.


xKx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment