21 November 2014

Beautifully Made

For the last couple of weeks my self-esteem took a bit of knock.. I started to believe that I had put on a TON of weight and was the size of a house. This is glaringly obvious that this is not the case - but I believed that it was. Something in me kind of broke yesterday and I realised that I am probably not as fat as I imagine that I am.

This morning while I was sitting in the bus I let my mind wonder and I started thinking about Psalm 139:14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, your works are wonderful"

As I let my mind mull over this verse, I thought about how easy it is to believe the lie that is fed to us via the media that super skinny is what is beautiful. It's also scary how little it takes for this to take root in our head. I don't even remember what started my downward spiral of negative thoughts that crushed my self-esteem... I think I need to be more vigilant in future and identify the lie and then stand on the truth in psalm 139 - I am wonderfully made. God doesn't make mistakes - he made us perfectly.

xKx


No comments:

Post a Comment