11 September 2014

Lean into Me

The past few weeks have been pretty rough for me, and subsequently David as he's walked this with me and had to deal with my grumpiness, tears and mood swings as I worried about what was wrong with me as we went to the doctor a hundred times and then my parents both ending up in hospital because they were sick.

During this time, God really has been my comfort and source of joy - especially when I forgot to worry and actually looked to Him. During these times and my quiet time there's been a general thread of God saying, "lean in to me" and "I've got this". Sometimes I'm a bit slow on the uptake or letting it really sink into my heart, but today I actually got it during my quiet time, which had to be on the bus because I went to sleep after my alarm went off instead of getting up.

 This morning I was reading Psalm 64 and verse 8 - 10 stuck out to me, "Come and see what the Lord has done, the desolation's he has brought on the earth. He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth. He breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the shields with fire. He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

While I sat there thinking about what I read, I let my thoughts dwell on Gods power. He is powerful enough to stop wars he can break things, set things on fire. If he is that powerful - way more powerful than man, the surely He is in control of everything around us. I thought about this, I doubt who God is so much, I doubt His plans, I doubt how He can heal and how He really is in control of everything - but when I read something about His power like I did this morning, it kind of woke something up in me, something that I think had gone to sleep for a little bit. 

I then started thinking about "Be still and know that I am God" This verse has always been my favourite verse of all time. Reading it again reminded me that it's okay to just be still, stop worrying about the world and to just lean in to God and let him take control of everything. He definitely is powerful enough to do so.

I'm going to try and focus on leaning into God instead of worrying about everything. I may not get this right, but I'm going to try to readjust my focus.

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment