2 September 2014

Jehovah Jireh

Over the last few months my eyes have been opened to see God as our provider, Jehovah Jirah.

God provided for every single aspect of Dave's and my wedding in ways that we couldn't even imagine. We had a really small budget, but he provided for every single cost we had. This just made me think of the parable of the ten servants found in Luke 19:22-27;  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+19%3A11-27&version=NLT. I remember when God told me to start saving for my wedding, I use the word "my" because back then I was still single and God was like, "start saving for your wedding". I was like ok, I don't fully understand but I listened and started saving as much as possible at the time. When it came to actually planning and paying for our wedding, God just poured out blessings on us because I never squandered the money God was providing me with, but had saved some of it.

 Besides our wedding, where it's easy  to see Gods provision. Another easy place see Gods provision is how He provided for everything we needed for our little housie, as well as the house itself.  That's easy to see, but I'm really beginning to see how God has been providing for every small thing that comes along in our day to day life.

 David and I try to budget and we have a plan, but we also have surprise expenses that you can't really budget for - but God has made it  possible to afford all of this. I saw this clearly last month. I took unpaid leave for our honeymoon, which made last month REALLY tight because it's also birthday month for my friends. We had presents to buy, dinners and lunches and events to go to every weekend and some were pretty expensive, but God provided for all these events and the presents. He provided the petrol to go to the events, as well as everything else we needed to pay for and buy last month. When we got to the end of the month, I was blown away how we still had a little bit of money left even though we thought we were going to run out of money.

This leaves me sitting back going, "WOW, God is great!"

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment