18 December 2013

a LITTLE perspective

Dave and I started our wedding planning this week - and it have been two emotional days. I have this BIG picture of "PRETTY" in my head and what I want that I think I kind of lost perspective of what it's all about.  

After some thinking and seeing this...
                                                                 ... I realised that this wedding is not really about the 'wow" factor or  having the most expensive stuff but it's about God and the people.

I think I've been putting a lot of pressure on myself for it to look nice and about what other people think and it's kind of swamped me. It's caused me to loose focus and get caught up in the "WOW this is crazy" instead of on God and trusting in Him and letting Him be my peace in all of this.  I also think I've gotten a little to much caught up in the wedding side of things - when I should be excited more excited about the marriage. Marriage is what the wedding is all about - it's God bring two people together forever. The wedding is just the party/celebration and shouldn't really be the focus. 

I don't doubt whatever Dave and I choose to day for our wedding won't be beautiful - we know too many people for it not to be, but the real beauty will be in God being VERY present at our wedding. And that's the most important part. 

xKx


No comments:

Post a Comment