11 December 2013

What about the unreached?

I've always wondered what will happen to the people who don't know Jesus or of him because they are unreached. By "unreached" I mean, people who live in the mountains, forests and areas where they have never heard of Christianity and Jesus. Places where missionaries haven't been and the word of God hasn't been taken before.

Yesterday morning I was thinking about this and wondering if they will go to heaven - the bible is clear that you have to accept Jesus as your lord and saviour in your life. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life - John 3:16"  After I had this thought I sat down and has my quiet time and it was on Romans 10:5-21 and it was kind of like God was saying, I have the answer to your question.

Romans 10:20 says; "and Isaiah boldly says, "I was found by those who did not seek me; I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me"

What my basic understanding of this verse is that Isaiah is saying that God will reveal himself to people who don't seek him and ask for him. In other words, God is big enough to reveal who he is, how great, powerful and mighty he is to everyone - even people who don't know of him or know him. 

I think that even though there are thousands of unreached people out there, God is big enough to reveal who he is to them. I also believe he'll do it in a way that they will understand that it is Him.  I don't know if He'll send missionaries, random people, use creation, or have the vaguest idea of how He'll do it, but I believe that He will do it.

I also think we need to be praying for the unreached and that we're open to God sending us to them to bring His good news.

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment