3 September 2013

Sparky Larks

Taking a break during a walk on the beach
Yesterday when I got home from work my parental units asked me to sit down when I walked through the front door. They then told me that they had put Sparky down.  At first I thought it was a joke because she was fine yesterday morning when I got up.  She was running around like normal and had eaten my left over oats. 

When I asked why, my dad told me that she had been having seizures and when my mom went to help her she bit her.   My dad told my mom to take her to the vet and they had her put  down.

I got Sparky for my 16th birthday and I honestly think she's been the best dog EVER!

Sparky was a corgi cross with a lot of personality. I often called her "The Queen" because she thought she was in charge of everyone and that she was the best. She acted more and more like a queen the older she got. She barked at everything almost all of the time.  She was scared of almost everything and everyone when we went for walks. She would pretend to be brave, but as soon as another dog came up to her or a person she would run for miles without looking back. After a few sprints down the beach after her, I decided it was time to keep her on her lead during walks. She would then look up at me as if to say, "Please unclip the lead" and I was like "no".  I'm going to miss taking her for walks.


In bed
It was strange waking up this morning and she wasn't in her bed next to mine. It was also strange to have no dog barge into the bathroom with you when you or come and sit and wait for oats while growling at the other two.

I think it's going to take some getting used to before it no longer feels strange not to have Sparky around anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment