9 September 2013

Armour Fun

Dave suited up
Last week at Gap we went through the Armour of God - this seems to be a running theme in my life at the moment.  I asked Dave Oxley, one of the elders to come and share his story with the kids, which I almost forgot to ask him to do in all the excitement.  The Armour of God is one of my favourite sections in the bible and I LOVE to teach it because there is so much you can do with it. 

Huggi and I ready for battle
As I described each piece of the armour I got Dave to put on a piece of it until he was fully dressed in the armour.  He was a little bit confused about the pink slippers as the "shoes of the gospel of peace", but he went with it.   After I had described the armour I gave an illustration of putting two naartjies in a jug of water.  With their peels on the float, I then started peeling the one and saying, "he forgot his helmet today, he forgot his belt this day..." until it was completely peeled.  Once peeled the naartjie sinks.  I then explained how without the armour of God we drown in the craziness of our worlds and that we need God and his armour to keep floating and walking through life.  

After the talk the kids got a chance to make armour for Huggi and myself.  The boys were horrified that i took the slippers and used them as my shoes and the girls never made shoes. they refused to listen to my reasoning of there being four boys against one girl and were convinced that we cheated

With the designers

No comments:

Post a Comment