12 April 2016

God's Mirror List

For the past two weeks we've been working through a two part sermon by Louie Giglio called The Man In The Mirror

The thing that really stuck out to me from the whole sermon series is how we really need to start thinking about ourselves in the same way that God sees us. Louie used a mirror in the sermon and wrote a list of things of how God sees us and what He says to us when He looks at us. 

God's Mirror List

  1. I love you
  2. I'm grateful fro you
  3. You're a rare and beautiful treasure
  4. I forgive you
  5. I'll hold you to high standards with appropriate amounts of grace and mercy
  6. You have a special calling
  7. I'm cheering for you, and I believe in you.
When we really believe that this is what He says to us about ourselves it makes it a whole lot easier to believe that you are here with a purpose and that you do matter. You're also able to be used by God to tell others that this is how He seems them as well. We become a channel....

For me, who has self worth issues it really does help to see this list every day and then say the things to myself to remind myself that this is how God sees me. I also think I should change how I see me and see myself the same way. This is the hard part - but I'm open to doing it.

My favourite one at the moment is 7 - I'm cheering for you. So often we get so despondent and feel like no one notices us or says "well done, you did great", but this really is not true. God is our number one fan. Every single day He's standing there, with a bunch of angels cheering us on, telling us we are great and we matter. How cool is that!

I think the challenge is putting this into practice, but I more than willing to change my current thought patterns to mirror more of Gods.

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment