18 April 2016

Gardening Goals

Our vegetable garden has been SUPER productive over the last few weeks. Not only has our spinach bounced back but also a million tomato plants have decided to grow. We also made some exciting discoveries this weekend when I took a peek at my veggie garden.

 
This weekend I was surprised by finding a baby cauliflower growing in our garden. We planted the cauliflower seeds FOREVER ago. I would say about 6 months ago. I also forgot which plants were the cauliflower and which were the broccoli.  It was one of the greatest things EVER to find the planting finally making a cauliflower.

 
Another exciting discovery in our garden was finding our lemons, which are HUGE, are finally turning yellow. This is MOST exciting because they actually haven't been stolen off our tree yet. There's a lady where we live who thinks our garden is communal property and comes and helps herself to our lemons. She's been away for a while so our lemons have lasted and we actually get to see them. YAY!










I've really been enjoying our garden lately. We've been diligently maintaining it every two weeks or so and it's really paying off. We spend an hour or two trimming bushes, raking and pulling up weeds every second Sunday. I no longer look at the garden and go, "oooh we need to weed" or "ooooh I need to give the garden some love". Now I look at it and go "Oh, how I love my garden." This is exactly what I did this morning as I walked outside and looked over the garden as I walked to the gate. This feeling also makes it seem like I am finally reaching, well getting closer to reaching my gardening goals in life.


xKx




No comments:

Post a Comment