7 March 2016

Buying make up...

Two weekends ago David and I popped into Tygervalley Mall to look for something. We "happened" to walk past a make up store when David said "you can get makeup for the wedding". His brother is getting married on 21 March and I need to get make up because I'm a bridesmaid. Make up really is not my thing.. I really don't have time to apply the stuff to my face and I also don't get the point of it... but yes, I do need to get some so I'm not a white blob or incredibly shiny in the photos.


We walked in to the shop, I was pretending to know what I'm doing when really I had no clue. A sales assistant asked if I needed help and I quickly said, "I'm just looking". Those ladies intimidate me with how they are so well made up. After a few minutes of "not knowing what I am doing..." David called over a sales assistant. She asked me what make up I usually use and I said, "this is it." and pointed at my naked face. I then explained I need to buy makeup for a wedding and would like to have my make up as natural as possible. I then showed her my make up on my wedding day. 20 minutes after showing her the picture she had literally recreated the natural look I had on my wedding day. I was like "WOW!"  It's a good thing David was watching to he can help me recreate the look....


She then put everything into the basket I had and added a couple of brushes and eye shadow putter on things and I was sent off to the till. R300 later - which I think is a pretty good deal compared to make up that comes with the 'labels" and I am now set for the wedding in two weeks time.


Now to practice putting all the make up on and what I plan to do with my hair and I'm sure the morning will go smoothly when it's time to get dressed up.


xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment