9 July 2015

Mid- Week Adventure To Franschhoek

Yesterday was a top 10 day in my books. Terri and I went on a mini adventure to Franschhoek  to do some chocolate tasting at Huguenot Fine Chocolates.


The tasting and demo started at 11am. I thought we were only going to taste some yummy chocolate but besides the tasting we were also given a brief history of chocolate, told how it's made from cocoa bean all the way to slab form, as well as told the difference between dark, milk and which chocolate. We were then shown how they make their chocolates, as well given quite a few tasters of dark. milk and white chocolate. When the demo and tasting was finished we were given two chocolates... and we stopped in the shop to buy some more. I totally want to do this again!

The rest of the day was filled with walking along the main road, guessing why the WHOLE of Franschhoek was wrapped in red, white and blue fabric, finding a HUGE teddy bear , eating a yummy lunch and getting lost on the way home. 


I love spontaneous days off filled with adventures to try new things, especially when I get to share it with a favourite person in my life.
xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment