29 October 2014

Vegetable And Herb Garden

There is nothing more exciting than going to our vegetable to fetch some herbs or vegetables when we are cooking, or when I see flowers growing on the plants or the seedlings are popping out of the sand. Most days when I water the plants I look earnestly at the plants hoping to see new buds and growth and when I do.. David has to come and look and share in the excitement of something new happening in the vegetable garden.


Our strawberries are busy "strawberrying" at the moment and I can not wait until they are ripe and ready to pick. Out beans have started flowering and our watermelon seeds are growing - SO much excitement!!!

Apart from all the excitement, I also get deeply distressed when I go outside and a caterpillar has decided to eat ALL of our lettuce and there is something eating our cauliflower.... whatever it is needs to be stopped.

 
While we were in Hermanus in the beginning of October I bought a garden gnome to protect the plants from bugs that eat them... but alas he is failing at his task. I think he's been too busy at night trying to plan his escape plan, which is why we need to chain him up. Garden gnomes are tricky and must be chained and blocked off.. this is a story for another blog post. 


I'm super excited to try some other vegetables like green peppers, carrots, potato's and sweet potatoes next!

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment