16 May 2014

People with backpacks

I generally enjoy using public transport to get to work because I get to read, nap and not sit in traffic which save me time and money, BUT there are two things about public transport that drives me insane.... maybe insane is a bit melodramatic... so let's use "really angry" instead.

The first one is how metrorail NEVER announces when trains are delayed or canceled until at least 10 minutes AFTER the time that the train was supposed to be there. When trains are delayed or canceled it's also amazing to experience how no one who works for Metrorail knows what's going on. Luckily I have an app on my phone to help with train delays. Sometimes it's even more accurate and tells me more about canceled and delayed trains than the announcers on the station.

The second thing that REALLY makes me angry is people who wear backpacks on the train. I want you to imagine with me... The train is FULL, people are squished together like sardines maybe even closer than sardines and then there's a person with a backpack on - taking up more space in the already crowded train.  People with backpacks should take it off and put it at their feet to allow more breathing space for other passengers. I once rage quite with someone wearing a backpack on the train. The train was full, I was sandwiched between three guys with backpacks and then.... one of them decided to bend over SMACKING me in the FACE with their backpack. I got so angry I shoved him really hard.

Today I discovered that the backpack is their ploy to get more space. I overheard a backpack carrier telling his friend that he where's his backpack to get more space on the train. Clever yes - but inconsiderate to ALL of the other passengers who have to be squished up against it or whacked in the face by them. It was very tempting to give the backpack man my pinion this morning but decided it was safer not to. 

ooohhh... I just thought of the the third thing that bugs me about public transport. It's how no one EVER opens windows, but that's a whole other blog post on it's own.

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment