8 November 2013

Revenge... A dish best not served

Yesterday morning I had the perfect opportunity to walk up to some and be like, "YOU WERE WRONG!" but I listened to the small voice inside of me and chose to just turn around and not act on impulse.

I went into Knead to waste some money on some really good coffee and while I was waiting for my coffee I saw someone I once knew.... "the doorman" as my friends have nicknamed him., I don't really know why but let's go with it.  The doorman is a guy I used to date,  like a lifetime ago, when we eventually broke up for real and it was really over things got uber nasty between us and he said to me that I would never ever find someone to love me again or have anyone want to marry me. 

So... when I saw him sitting there I was tempted to walk up to him and flash my ring in his face and be like.. "So I got engaged" I thought about the logistics of walking up to him and standing awkwardly by the table and saying hi and all that and the big part of taking revenge and flaunting the fact I got engaged in his face and I just thought that it wouldn't be worth it in the end.

I did the right thing and turned around, turned around and picked up the newspaper to read while I waited for my coffee. I even said a quick prayer that he wouldn't see me so that all awkwardness and revenge bitchiness could be avoided.

When I walked out of Knead, I thought about how that door has been closed shut by God and The doorman is just another person who lives in this world who I may pass once or twice in life.

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment