26 November 2013

A healed friendship

This evening I saw a friend of mine on the train, as we got off at Plumstead and started walking towards out houses we are talking about his recent break up. He was telling me how he it doesn't feel like the last time a relationship ended.  We both knew that he was talking about how we had to stop our "relationship" back in the day and he was totally messed up. This was the first time that this had come up in conversation in a loooooooomg time and I think the very first time that we had spoken about it with no awkwardness, weirdness or emotion. 

After we had finished chatting, I looked at him and said; "sometimes I still feel bad about that, it got really messy really quickly and I'm really sorry" He then looked at me and said, "it's all good now - we're friends" and I was like,  "Yes, we're friends now"

When I got home I was looking at my noticeboard and I saw the picture of Terri, myself and him on the notice board and underneath it I had stuck, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them" Romans 8:28.  I then  realised that God had worked the good in a really messy and bought healing - complete healing to a friendship that had pretty much been destroyed.

I then went for a run and I was thinking about all of this and how God has healed our friendship, I was just blown away at how God was still working - waaaaaay in the background while we were carrying on with our lives.

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment