12 May 2013

Testimony

A few years ago I listened to someones testimony. They were sharing about how they had slept with their previous boyfrieds and how when they married their husband God made it feel like the first time.  I had spoken to them, (Tarryn), about it afterwards. I have slept with my prevouis boyfriends and I really wish that had waited until I had met my Mr right and married him.  I also often wondered about what they meant that God had made it feel like the first time as as thought heir husband had been their first kiss and first relationship. 

At camp I got the verse, Joel 2:25a "The Lord says, “I will give you back what you lost to the swarming locusts, the hopping locusts, the stripping locusts, and the cutting locusts"

At first I thought that it was about restoring relationships, but last night while Dave and I were chatting about stuff I realised that it also has to do with the past and what I had done.  During the convesation with Dave, I looked at him and said, "This sounds really silly, but this feels like you're my first boyfriend and you're the fist guy I've ever kissed."  After I said that I was like... "oooooh, know I know what Tarryn meant.  It's really silly, when I'ma round Dave I get all nervous and giggly when I hold his hand, or kiss him. I get hundreds of butterflies in my stomache when I see him across the room or when he brushes my arm with his hand. I feel like a teenager with her first boyfriend ever.

God totally restored what I destroyed by sleeping, kissing and dating other guys instead of waiting for the guy He had intened for me. God really blows me away with how he heals and restores completely when He works in your life. 

xKx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment